Brookside offers classes on individual topics for students of all ages.
Ages 4 – 10
- Foundational reading for young students; includes phonics, comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Writing for young students; includes penmanship in print and cursive, creative writing, writing piece processes for informational and persuasive pieces
- Math number sense, fluency, and problem solving for elementary students
- Science units
- Social studies topics including geography and history
- Group games
- Google Drive office suite for kids
Ages 11 – 18
- Literature studies with a Biblical worldview
- Higher math topics such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry; also, a continuation of foundational math skills
- Specific topics within historical time periods or geographic locations
- Science units
Email us to request more information about specific classes. We are very flexible and have competitive firstname.lastname@example.org
Vertical Training (Tutoring)
- Remediation or intervention in reading or math, all grade levels
- Phonics instruction
- Vocabulary and comprehension
- Test Prep for SAT and ACT
- EOG readiness
- Handwriting and penmanship
- Writing: narrative, informative, and persuasive processes
Email to find out more about rates and email@example.com
Register for Brookside Brainiacs.Register
Full-day or half-day events for students on teacher workdays and early release days.
- Engaging, fun, hands-on, interactive, fast-paced
- STEM and problem-based learning
- Matches topics found on NCSCOS science strands K-5.
Next session is October 25th
9:00 – 11:30
Cost is $25 per session.
Nine Saturday morning sessions to introduce and evaluate students’ abilities in the strands assessed on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment. Open to 3 and 4 year olds who are potty trained and entering kindergarten within two years.
- Shapes, colors, and intro to Geometry
- Letter identification and sounds
- Number sense and counting
- Sorting and patterns
- Pre-reading skills and Reading readiness
- Nursery rhymes, poems, puzzles, and finger plays
- Cut, draw, and write. Scissor and fine motor skills
- Young scientists: observing and asking questions
- Games and play: gross motor skills at work
Next session is October 26th, 9:00 – 11:30.
Cost is $25 per session.Register