Join Our Team
What would your dream teaching job look like? Small class sizes? An effective curriculum that you don’t have to supplement? Time to give each student what they need? Cheerful work environment? Supportive teammates? Welcome to Brookside.
Brookside Christian Academy is seeking full-time elementary teachers in grades K-6, content teachers for grade 8-12, and interventionists for the 2021-2022 school year. The applicant will be responsible for implementing the core subjects of literature/English language arts, and social studies, or mathematics and science using a comprehensive curriculum guide. The applicant will be responsible for presenting and explaining material through a variety of presentation methods: hands-on, visual demonstration, technology integration, interactive read aloud, and kinesthetic learning methods are just a few examples of ways the applicant may choose to impart lessons and curriculum.
Teachers are expected to collaborate vertically in order to utilize collected student data and plan more efficiently to ensure the success of all students. Applicants will work closely with building-level experts to co-teach the elements of STEAM. The applicant should also be confident in their ability to maintain and manage their classroom and take disciplinary action when needed. In order to educate their class and ensure success, applicants should maintain a Christ-like attitude, be energetic about the content and subjects they teach, and share a passion for learning themselves.
Qualified applicants for the position of full-time elementary teachers in grades K-5 will possess a degree in education, content specific area, and/or an elementary teaching K-6 instruction license. Applicants will have had previous successful experience working with elementary age students through either student teaching or classroom experience. Applicants should be comfortable teaching Biblical principles within the curriculum and be prepared to share their testimony during the interview process.
Daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Serving in morning arrival and/or afternoon carpool dismissal duty
- Preparing for all subjects taught
- Participating in PLUS day events through teaching and/or student engagement
- Directing structured recess two times per week for students in grades K-5
- Collaborating with teachers in vertical grade levels as well as enrichment instructors
- Attending faculty meetings and staff training days
- Participating in teacher workdays
- Working cooperatively with all members of the Brookside Staff
- Effectively communicating and interacting with students’ families
- Maintaining accurate records of student grades and assessment data
- Loving kids
- Having fun
To find out more about how you can join the Brookside team, share your contact information with us by clicking below.
Brookside Christian Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability.