Join Our Team
Brookside Christian Academy is seeking full-time elementary teachers in grades K-5 for the 2020-2021 school year. The applicant will be responsible for planning and implementing the core subjects of literature/English language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science. The applicant will be responsible for presenting and explaining material through a variety of presentation methods: hands-on, visual demonstration, technology integration, interactive read aloud, and kinesthetic learning methods are just a few examples of ways the applicant may choose to impart lessons and curriculum.
Experience in the implementation of guided reading and math is preferred. Teachers are expected to collaborate vertically in order to utilize collected student data and plan more efficiently to ensure the success of all students. Applicants will work closely with building-level experts to co-teach the elements of STEAM. The applicant should also be confident in their ability to maintain and manage their classroom and take disciplinary action when needed. In order to educate their class and ensure success, applicants should maintain a Christ Like attitude, be energetic about the content and subjects they teach, and share a passion for learning themselves.
Qualified applicants for the position of full-time elementary teachers in grades K-5 will possess a degree in education and/or an elementary teaching K-6 instruction license. Applicants will have had previous successful experience working with elementary age students through either student teaching or classroom experience. Applicants should be comfortable teaching Biblical principles within the curriculum and be prepared to share their testimony during the interview process.
Daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Serving in morning arrival and/or afternoon carpool dismissal duty
- Preplanning and preparing for all subjects taught
- Participating in PLUS day events through teaching and/or student engagement
- Directing structured recess two times per week for students in grades K-5
- Collaborating with teachers in vertical grade levels as well as enrichment instructors
- Attending faculty meetings and staff training days
- Participating in teacher workdays
- Working cooperatively with all members of the Brookside Staff
- Effectively communicating and interacting with students’ families
- Maintaining accurate records of student grades and assessment data
- Meeting with families a minimum of two times per year to discuss student progress
Brookside Christian Academy is welcoming and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability.